Barca for the win! FC Barcelona has just been crowned for the fifth time as the 2015 European Champions gaining victory in the UEFA League against Juventus. The elite footballers such as Neymar, Luis Suarez, Gerard Pique and the crowd favourite striker, Lionel Messi have made their victory possible
- Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi Cuccittini is Messi’s surprisingly full name. This 27-year old Argentine athlete has started playing football at an early age of five.
- He was actually diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency when he was 11. It was then that the sporting director of FC Barcelona, Carles Rexach, discovered him and offered to sponsor for his treatment.
- He has tattoos of his son’s name and handprints on his left calf. He became a father on November 2, 2012.
- The Leo Messi Foundation was founded in 2007 and its goal was to be a “charity supporting access to education and health care for vulnerable children.”
- As of 2014, his salary amounts to 20 million euros. Well, that’s a whole lot of money there. Good thing much of it goes to charity.
Below are gathered Messi memorabilia. Check them out.