The ever-loved Spongebob Squarepants has not only dominated TV and the big screen but the whole world as well. Its creator, marine biologist, Stephen Hillenburg, animated him to life in 1999 and was originally aired by Nickelodeon. Now, let’s look at some brain-wrecking facts about the Sponge!
- His exact address is 124 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean. Now that’s an addition to our previously learned knowledge that he lives in pineapple under the sea.
- Did you know that Spongebob as a frycook in Mr. Krabs restaurant he has been deemed with 374 consecutive Employee Of The Month Awards! Well, other than Squidward, who would it be?
- His pet snail, Gary, is actually is part snail, 43.75% starfish and 1/16th amoeba. Gary even has a father named Sluggo!
- He was supposed to be named as Sponge-Boy but as Nickelodeon expressed, “‘SpongeBoy’ did not make it into the show since the name was already officially trademarked by Bob Burden, creator of Flaming Carrot. Hillenburg later chose the alternative name ‘SpongeBob’.”
- He has an unnamed grandson! This was shown in an episode The Great Patty Caper where we see 75 years fast-forward into the future!
To satisfy your cravings, we have gathered yellow and spongy stickers just for you!